Thursday, June 19, 2014

DIY Quotes Jar

Don't you hate those days when you wake up and you feel like doing nothing. Most of the time you need somebody to motivate you, to get you out of your bed, so you can do something productive and creative. Well sometimes there is no one to do that job so that's when you need a jar full of motivational quotes! That's what I thought! How cool is that...every time you feel down just pick one roll out of the jar and it definitely will make you smile and you'll have a better start into the day!

My best friend had her B-Day the other day and I tend to do 2-part gifts! The first part consists of something that I bought...in this case the new Jamie Oliver Cookbook, because she loves him! And the second part is always something I make myself. I love love love self-made presents! I think they are so thoughtful and sweet!!

This year I made her a jar filled with uplifting and funny quotes! I saw a picture somewhere with something similar and thought it would be a great present for someone you truly care for. So I thought I'd share the idea!
It is very simple! All you need is:

A jar
Colored paper
Tiny elastic bands
A nice colorful band of your choice
A tag sticker

Just type all of your favorite quotes and sayings or whatever you want to put in there on your laptop and print them with a lovely handwriting font on your colored paper. Cut them out into stripes, roll them and bind them with your elastic bands. Toss all of them into the jar, close it and decorate it with a nice bow. Finally write on your sticker the theme of your quotes and stick it on the jar. And you're ready! 





























Easy peasy gift for a best friend especially for her birthday. I hope you liked my idea. Feel free to leave comments. And remember to keep smiling, because that's why I made my best friend this jar in the first place. A single smile can change everything! :)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment